1. Zach Wheeler, RHP - A+ Port St. Lucie
2. Matt Harvey, RHP - AA Binghamton
3. Brandon Nimmo, OF - Unsigned
4. Jeurys Familia, RHP - AA Binghampton
5. Kirk Nieuwenheis, OF - AAA Buffalo
6. Jenrry Mejia, RHP - Disabled List (Tommy John Surgery)
7. Cesar Puello, OF - A+ Port St. Lucie
8. Michael Fulmer, RHP - Signed 7/24 Not Yet Assigned
9. Jordany Valdespin, 2B - AA Binghamton
10. Wilmer Flores, SS - A+ Port St. Lucie
The biggest thing I take away from this list is that Sandy Alderson got prime value for Carlos Beltran. Recent years have seen it very hard to acquire good starting pitching via trade, and doing the same via free agency has become a real 'crap shoot'.
As it sits right now, the Mets should be sitting pretty in a few years when Wheeler, Harvey, Familia, Valdespin and possibly Mejia are ready to make their way into the big leagues. That however is also the problem. Everyone is still a few years away leaving the organization with little to turn to in the meantime.
The same goes for the rest of the list. There isn't a position player prepared to break into the major leagues either with only Nieuwenheis, often described as a Quad-A player, promoted as far as AAA Buffalo. This unfortunately means that any holes that need to be filled this upcoming offseason will need to be addressed via free agency, and short term deals while we wait on these prospects. While its nice to know that there should be sound major leagues in the future, it remains frustrating that its still the distant future.
Follow me on Twitter @RobPatterson83